The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) constituted in 1989 (2045 BS) is a national autonomous apex body of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of technical and skillful human resources required to the nation. It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment etc.
It has an assembly consisting of 24 members and a governing board known as Council comprising nine members. Minister of Education chairs both the Assembly and the Council. The Council has a full time Vice-Chairperson and a Member-Secretary.
Skilling Nepal for People's Prosperity
CTEVT is a vibrant organization promoting TVET system to develop a competent workforce for national and international market needs
In order to achieve and attain the mission and vision, CTEVT has set the following six goals:
1. Expand TVET programs for ensuring access and equity
2. Ensure quality, relevant and efficient TVET system
3. Enhance effectiveness and efficiency of CTEVT management
4. Establish NVQF to ensure its compatibility with education framework
5. Extend technical input to establish TVET Fund
6. Establish effective coordination with and among TVET Stakeholders
CTEVT mainly has the following responsibilities:
- Provide advice to the Government of Nepal regarding TEVT policy and programs.
- Determine scope and standards of TEVT programs.
- Arrange for and conduct TEVT Programs from basic level to higher education.
- Liaison and maintain coordination with national and international TEVT agencies for quality education and training.
- Grant recognition and provide accreditation services to programs and institutes run by government, non-government, and private sector.
- Coordinate and maintain the standard of training by providing curriculum and learning materials.
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of TEVT programs and activities of government and non-government institutions.
- Make necessary arrangements for the operation of polytechnics, short-term vocational training, apprenticeship trainings and mobile training programs.
- Establish and operate all kinds and level of skilled development training programs to produce skilled human resources through technical schools, mobile training and other methods of technical and vocational training programs as recommended by the council.
- Carry out research activities in the field of TEVT including training needs assessments/ job market analysis and follow up studies.
- Conduct technical instructors and management training programs to improve quality of TEVT programs of institutions.
- Classify the skills/occupations, develop skill standards, administer skill tests and provide certificates.
- Explore, obtain and mobilize national and international assistance needed for the development of TEVT sector
- Establish institutional linkage with national and international agencies/universities for recognition of the TEVT programs
- Enter into agreements or contract with national and international organizations and agencies regarding TEVT Programs.